Re: How to display stored image as bytea or as large objects? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csanyi Pal
Subject Re: How to display stored image as bytea or as large objects?
Date
List pgsql-general
2021. 07. 14. 22:17 keltezéssel, Ho John Lee írta:
> If you have the binary data for the image in the bytea field, DBeaver
> will display the image when you select that field in table view of the data.
> The field will display something like "ÿØÿà  JFIF   [nnnnn]" in the row
> (first part of data as unicode, and data length in bytes), you won't see
> the image unless you put focus on it.

I will try this, but do not know which SQL code will store an image in a
bytea data type column?

Could you give such SQL code please?

At the moment I have stored image in an oid data type column.

> .--hjl

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 12:57 PM Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com
> <mailto:csanyipal@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I am a novice in postgresql language.
>
>     By reading the documentation about storing binary data in postgresql
>     database, I realize that that one can store images as binary data by
>     using bytea or BLOB data types.
>
>     I am running postgresql on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS and using pgAdmin4 in
>     Desktop mode.
>
>     I have stored an image in one of my table with this command:
>
>     <code>
>     insert into leckek
>     (az, a_tanitas_nyelve, mely_negyedevben, mely_osztalyban,
>     mely_tagozaton, mely_orakon, a_tanitas_temaja,
>        a_lecke_neve, a_lecke_gyakorlati_reszenek_neve,
>     a_lecke_gyakorlati_reszenek_dokumentuma,
>        a_lecke_elmeleti_reszenek_neve,
>     a_lecke_elmeleti_reszenek_dokumentuma,
>     a_lecke_elmeleti_reszenek_tesztje)
>     values (default, 'Hu', 1, 5, 'b', '1-2', 'Élet és mukakörnyezet',
>                      'A technika és technológia fogalma, szerepe és
>     jelentősége',
>                      'másolás',
>                      default,
>                      'A lényeg',

lo_import('/home/pali/Irataim/Iskola/IskolaEv_2020_2021/MuszakiOraim/Digitalis_Tananyagok_Orakra/Hu/5/5_osztaly_Tananyag_01_02_orara.png'),