Re: Problem with to_tsquery() after restore on PostgreSQL 9.0.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with to_tsquery() after restore on PostgreSQL 9.0.1
Date
List pgsql-general
"Markus Wollny" <Markus.Wollny@computec.de> writes:
> I currently testing the upgrade of our 8.3 databases to 9.0.

> In some of those restored databases to_tsquery is throwing an error:

> magazine=# SELECT to_tsquery('simple','plants');
> ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type oid: "simple"

So far as I can see offhand, the only way you'd get that error message
is if to_tsquery were declared to take OID not regconfig as its first
argument.

> I suspect it has to do with the Tsearch2-compatibility modules from
> contrib - these were compiled and installed to a couple of databases on
> the old cluster; I haven't yet compiled and installed them to the new
> databases as I'd like to get rid of some dead weight in the migration
> process.

contrib/tsearch2 does provide a "to_tsquery(oid, text)" function ... I'm
not sure why offhand, nor how come that's managing to show up in front
of the standard definition in your search path.  Try dropping that.

(Another question is why it wasn't failing already in your 8.3 DB.
The behavior shouldn't be any different AFAICS.  Are you sure you
are using the same search_path as before?)

            regards, tom lane