Problem with to_tsquery() after restore on PostgreSQL 9.0.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Markus Wollny
Subject Problem with to_tsquery() after restore on PostgreSQL 9.0.1
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

I currently testing the upgrade of our 8.3 databases to 9.0.

In some of those restored databases to_tsquery is throwing an error:

magazine=# SELECT to_tsquery('simple','plants');
ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type oid: "simple"
LINE 1: SELECT to_tsquery('simple','plants');

In other databases, it's working fine; the same applies to newly created
databases on this cluster.

Now my Google-fu seems to be somewhat lacking because I couldn't find
anything on this precise error condition.

I dumped the old databases using
su postgres -c "time /opt/pgsql/bin/pg_dump -s mydb | gzip
>~/mydb-schema.sql.`date -I`.gz"
su postgres -c "time /opt/pgsql/bin/pg_dump -a mydb -Fc
>~/mydb-data.`date -I`.pg"
Source version() is PostgreSQL 8.3.7 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu,
compiled by GCC gcc (Debian 4.3.2-1.1) 4.3.2
Target version() is PostgreSQL 9.0.1 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu,
compiled by GCC gcc (Debian 4.4.5-4) 4.4.5, 64-bit

I suspect it has to do with the Tsearch2-compatibility modules from
contrib - these were compiled and installed to a couple of databases on
the old cluster; I haven't yet compiled and installed them to the new
databases as I'd like to get rid of some dead weight in the migration
process.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/tsearch2.html doesn't
elaborate further on how to get rid of the replacement tsearch2 module
stuff.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Kind regards

   Markus

COMPUTEC MEDIA zieht in neue Verlagsraume! Adresse ab dem 27. September 2010: COMPUTEC MEDIA AG, Dr.-Mack-Stra?e 83,
90762Furth. Alle sonstigen Kontaktdaten bleiben unverandert.

Computec Media AG
Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: Furth (HRB 8818)
Vorstandsmitglieder: Albrecht Hengstenberg (Vorsitzender) und Rainer Rosenbusch
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jurg Marquard
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 812 575 276