Re: Where are all the Canadians? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Where are all the Canadians?
Date
Re: Where are all the Canadians?  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Re: Where are all the Canadians?  (Robert Bernier <robertb@sraapowergres.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
robert.bernier5@sympatico.ca (Robert Bernier) writes:
> On Sunday 30 October 2005 16:43, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> I just got a note from PHPCon Quebec that the ONLY person to submit a
>> PostgreSQL-themed talk was Robert Bernier.  I *know* we have lots of
>> Canadians in this community ... where are you all?
>
> Is anybody from Afilias (toronto) willing to come to Montreal?

I was in Montreal a few weeks ago, so, in principle, evidently I'm
"willing to be in Montreal."

But my assumption is that if it's a PHP convention, then there ought
to be some connection to PHP in what one might present on.  Afilias
hasn't got anything PHP-relevant going on, which makes for a pretty
weak fit.  I have only done some very primitive bits of PHP work,
which makes me think much the same for my involvement personally.

If there is some further truly compelling reasoning to spend a portion
of the limited "conference budget" on PHPCon Quebec, it is certainly
not impossible that someone may go.  But I daresay it needs to be
rather more compelling than what I have seen so far.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/linuxdistributions.html