Re: Where are all the Canadians? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: Where are all the Canadians?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Monday 31 October 2005 09:05, Chris Browne wrote:
>> I just got a note from PHPCon Quebec that the ONLY person to submit a
>> PostgreSQL-themed talk ..... anybody from Afilias (toronto) willing to
>> come to Montreal?

> My assumption is that if it's a PHP convention, then there ought
> to be some connection to PHP in what one might present on

Maybe your right. But I can't see how useful such a conference can be if it limits themselves in this manner.

In any case, it won't hurt to make a proposal. Any postgres proposal is reasonable. Remember, people will listen
becausethey want to use a database engine as their backend.

For the record, I have submitted three proposals and only one peripherarily talks of php (I've asked that only one be
selected):

- An Introduction to PostgreSQL, A Party Monster's Guide
- An Introduction to PostgreSQL Replication using SLONY in a web environment
- How to make detailed interactive web forms without the need for complicated or proprietary solutions using your XML
enabledPostgreSQL engine

I see no problems if we make similar proposals. The php conference committee will just come back to us and ask that we
selectthe most qualified candidate.

--
Robert Bernier
PostgreSQL Business Intelligence Analyst

Tel:  212.244.8833 ext:22

www.sraapowergres.com  robertb@sraapowergres.com
www.sraamerica.com