question about count(b) where b is a custom type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
Subject question about count(b) where b is a custom type
Date
Re: question about count(b) where b is a custom type  (Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>)
Re: question about count(b) where b is a custom type  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi folks

We're developing here gist index (which works finally, and I remember
about writing some docs about it).
I have few fprintf(stderr,""") in function that converts internal
rep. into string. I was really supprised to see them on me screen when :
select count(b) from blah where b ~ 'something';
was issued. What the hell, isn't it wrong ? I don't need strings to
count results, right ?
IMO this is a serious bug.
What do yah think ?

--
GJ

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called Research, would
it?" - AE