Re: Reproducable deadlock situation (possibly with foreign keys) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Reproducable deadlock situation (possibly with foreign keys)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mario Weilguni wrote:
> Ok, this my fault, and you're right.
>
> I took the query from the error messages (a 8.0.3 DB) and applied it to a 8.1
> DB on a testing system without thinking too much.
>
> Still I think reordering those queries might prevent a deadlock.

Well, if we could reorder them, we could have solved the problem long
ago.  I'm not totally sure it can't be done, but we tackled the problem
in a different way so it's moot now.

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"Cada quien es cada cual y baja las escaleras como quiere" (JMSerrat)