Re: question about count(b) where b is a custom type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: question about count(b) where b is a custom type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj@pointblue.com.pl> writes:
> I have few fprintf(stderr,""") in function that converts internal
> rep. into string. I was really supprised to see them on me screen when :
> select count(b) from blah where b ~ 'something';
> was issued. What the hell, isn't it wrong ?

Depends ... what does the ~ operator do for your datatype?  (If you've
defined an implicit conversion to text then it's very possibly invoking
that followed by the regex match operator.)

Have you tried getting a stack trace back from your function to see
exactly what is calling it?