Anyone has nls activated on Mac OS X? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francois Suter
Subject Anyone has nls activated on Mac OS X?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

I'm trying to compile PostgreSQL from scratch on Mac OS X 10.3.2 with
national language support activated (so that I can work better on the
French translation of PostgreSQL). Marc Liyanage's package doesn't have
nls.

I installed gettext using Fink and then gave it a go. The configure
part went ok, but make complained that it couldn't find msgfmt. I
downloaded Peter Eisentraut's package of utilities, but I can't get it
to make. It complains as follows:

Macbeth:~/Desktop/bsd-gettext-20011206 root# make
make  all-recursive
Making all in sup
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2  -o libsup.la
rm -fr .libs/libsup.la .libs/libsup.* .libs/libsup.*
ar cru .libs/libsup.a
ar: no archive members specified
usage:  ar -d [-TLsv] archive file ...
         ar -m [-TLsv] archive file ...
         ar -m [-abiTLsv] position archive file ...
         ar -p [-TLsv] archive [file ...]
         ar -q [-cTLsv] archive file ...
         ar -r [-cuTLsv] archive file ...
         ar -r [-abciuTLsv] position archive file ...
         ar -t [-TLsv] archive [file ...]
         ar -x [-ouTLsv] archive [file ...]
make[2]: *** [libsup.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Thanks for any help.

Francois

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/

"Would Descartes have programmed in Pascal?" - Umberto Eco