Re: Copy and xml files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Gamache
Subject Re: Copy and xml files
Date
List pgsql-general
COPY works for whole tables, and can't append rows. You're going to have to
escape your linebreaks and tabs to use COPY ...  As I recall, you can specify
your own custom column and row delimiters... You might consider creating some
type of primary key for the table. A "serial" column would work fine.

If you want to insert a single row into a table, you'll need to do it with an
insert statement. something like :

#  psql your_database -c "insert into t1 (xml_column) values ('`cat
/tmp/file.xml |  sed -e \"s/'/''/g\"`');"

HTH,

CG