Re: Problems with extended-Query logging code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problems with extended-Query logging code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I happened to notice that the recently added code to log Bind-message
>> parameters was printing garbage into my log.  On investigation it turned
>> out to be trying to print an already-pfree'd string.  That's fixable,

> Uh, can you show me where?

I didn't trace it down yet, but what I saw was garbage printed at
Execute time in an assert-enabled build.  I think the bind-parameter
string that's being saved in the portal for Execute to print is not
copied into the portal's context.  Since I want to get rid of that bit
anyway it didn't seem critical to identify the exact bug.