Re: contributing patches - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: contributing patches
Date
Re: contributing patches  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-general
> We require that all submissions conform to the Postgres BSD license,
> but we are not picky about requiring paperwork to prove it.  Just put
> the same copyright header into any added files as you see in existing
> files.

OK cool.

> Yeah, the core team does not have a lot of bandwidth right now for
> thinking about 8.4 development.  You don't have to wait for 8.3
> final release, but probably after the first couple of betas are out
> would be better than now.  Bear in mind also that any patches
developed
> now are likely to have merge problems after the pgindent run that will
> occur late in beta --- so you might want to wait till after that
before
> starting any large coding effort.

OK.  I wrote a patch to implement the following TODO item, which I
selected on the basis of the fact that it appeared to be easy:

* %Add a separate TRUNCATE permission

  Currently only the owner can TRUNCATE a table because triggers are not
  called, and the table is locked in exclusive mode.

It was easy, so I can update the patch as necessary until it can be
submitted.

Thanks,

...Robert