Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?
Date
Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?
List pgsql-advocacy
On 03/07/2016 10:24 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
>> From: pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org
>> [mailto:pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Klaver
>>
>> Though if you go to the actual list:
>> http://www.mysql.com/customers/embedded/
>>
>> There is at a rough count, 300.
>>
>> This points to the central dilemma, some of which is addressed below,
>> separating fact from fiction.
>
> It seems the "Embedded" category shows products which use MySQL internally.  Other products/vendors, such as
JasperSoftand Talend which "can be used with" MySQL, are probably list elsewhere.  e.g. Talend lists MySQL in their
ecosystempage:

> https://jp.talend.com/ecosystem/company/mysql
>
> The 2,000 ISV/OEM/VARs Oracle touts should be found in the "MySQL specialization" section of Oracle Partner Network
(OPN)site, though I couldn't access.  I wonder if and where I can get the partner/product listing for Oracle Database.
That'swhat I want.

Do you really want to track down every single use site/application that
uses MySQL?

Would it not be better to work from the other end, ask people what
applications they want to use with Postgres and then compile a list of
those are supported or not? Basically the first part of your previous post.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com