Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> From: Adrian Klaver [mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com]
> On 03/07/2016 10:24 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:
> > The 2,000 ISV/OEM/VARs Oracle touts should be found in the "MySQL
> specialization" section of Oracle Partner Network (OPN) site, though I
> couldn't access.  I wonder if and where I can get the partner/product
> listing for Oracle Database.  That's what I want.
>
> Do you really want to track down every single use site/application that
> uses MySQL?
>
> Would it not be better to work from the other end, ask people what
> applications they want to use with Postgres and then compile a list of those
> are supported or not? Basically the first part of your previous post.

Agreed.  I think I will make a web form questionnaire and post it to pgsql-advocacy and pgsql-announce.

But that would only solicit opinions of existing PostgreSQL users...  Any advice would be much appreciated where to
postthe questionnaire to hear from other databases' users.

On the other hand, I want to get the application/service list for Oracle and MySQL.  That will probably help us to
selecteffective (=famous) applications to address in preference, though the selection may be subjective.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa