Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Subject Re: [HACKERS] How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> From: pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Joshua D. Drake
> MySQL is not a open source community project. It is an open source product,
> owned, and licensed by Oracle.

Yes, and that should be one of the reasons why MySQL can create a wide ecosystem -- they have money, human resources,
know-how/experience,and strong motivation to expand the ecosystem for business.  So the questions to ask here may be:

* Are you satisfied with the current breadth of the PostgreSQL ecosystem? (I assume/hope "no" or "I don't know.  First
itneeds to be revealed")

* Do you want to expand the ecosystem yourself or appreciate it if someone could do that?

* Does the current PostgreSQL community have the resources and know-how to expand the ecosystem?  Is any kind of
assistancenecessary from external organizations like Linux Foundation and PGECons?

> We are an open source community. We should be focussing on what we do best,
> delivering PostgreSQL to the community.

Yes, and thanks to many great efforts, PostgreSQL is what is today.  And to shed more light on PostgreSQL and have it
adoptedby more users, I think it's necessary to make PostgreSQL more interoperable with their existing assets.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa