Re: advance notice - PL/Java 1.5.0 is in beta - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: advance notice - PL/Java 1.5.0 is in beta
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On 02/04/16 06:27, Christoph Berg wrote:

> [ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
> com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:3.2.3 or one of its dependencies
> could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be resolved:
> com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:jar:3.2.3,
> org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:

> Cannot access central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)
> in offline mode
                  [????]
> and the artifact com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:jar:3.2.3 has not
> been downloaded from it before.

This puzzles me ... why is Maven running in offline mode? Does the
build system here explicitly force it to offline, preventing it from
doing exactly what Maven is intended to do?

Maven builds work *because* Maven knows where to get and build all
the mentioned dependencies.

What I do if I don't want all the dependencies to end up on the
system when it's done is, I mount a tmpfs somewhere and create a
settings.xml that puts <localRepository> there.  All the dependencies
Maven downloads during the build go there, and when the build is
done I unmount it and it's gone.

-Chap