Re: advance notice - PL/Java 1.5.0 is in beta - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: advance notice - PL/Java 1.5.0 is in beta
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Chapman Flack 2016-02-04 <56B3588A.6030901@anastigmatix.net>
> On 02/04/16 06:27, Christoph Berg wrote:
>
> > [ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
> > com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:3.2.3 or one of its dependencies
> > could not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be resolved:
> > com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:jar:3.2.3,
> > org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:
>
> > Cannot access central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)
> > in offline mode
>                   [????]
> > and the artifact com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:jar:3.2.3 has not
> > been downloaded from it before.
>
> This puzzles me ... why is Maven running in offline mode? Does the
> build system here explicitly force it to offline, preventing it from
> doing exactly what Maven is intended to do?

Hi Chap,

Debian wants to be self-contained, which means we don't want to
download stuff from external sources.

At least for the plexus-utils dependency, it looks like pljava is
trying to use something that is older than what we have packaged in
Debian. Maybe you could relax that? (That still won't make the other
dependencies appear, I didn't check if there's more besides this and
"nar".)

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/