Re: advance notice - PL/Java 1.5.0 is in beta - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: advance notice - PL/Java 1.5.0 is in beta
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: To Chapman Flack 2016-02-04 <20160204094809.GA15172@msg.df7cb.de>
> > Will it be possible to set up deb packaging for it when the final
> > release is ready?  What would you need from me?
>
> Reading the release notes, a lot of weirdness got removed from the
> build/runtime system, so it should be feasible to get the package back
> up with modest effort. I'll give that a try later this week.

Hi again,

unfortunately there's missing dependencies:

$ mvn --offline clean build
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[WARNING] The POM for com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:jar:3.2.3 is missing, no dependency information available
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Plugin com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:3.2.3 or one of its dependencies
couldnot be resolved: The following artifacts could not be resolved: com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:jar:3.2.3,
org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1:Cannot access central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) in offline mode
andthe artifact com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:jar:3.2.3 has not been downloaded from it before. @
[ERROR] Unknown packaging: nar @ org.postgresql:pljava-so:[unknown-version],
/home/cbe/projects/postgresql/pljava/postgresql-pljava/pljava-so/pom.xml,line 14, column 13
 @
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.postgresql:pljava-so:1.5.0-BETA1
(/home/cbe/projects/postgresql/pljava/postgresql-pljava/pljava-so/pom.xml)has 2 errors
[ERROR]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:3.2.3 or one of its
dependenciescould not be resolved: The following artifacts could not be resolved:
com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:jar:3.2.3,org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:jar:1.1: Cannot access central
(https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)in offline mode and the artifact com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:jar:3.2.3
hasnot been downloaded from it before. -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]     Unknown packaging: nar @ org.postgresql:pljava-so:[unknown-version],
/home/cbe/projects/postgresql/pljava/postgresql-pljava/pljava-so/pom.xml,line 14, column 13
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginManagerException

libplexus-utils-java is available in version 1:1.5.15-4:
/usr/share/maven-repo/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.5.15/plexus-utils-1.5.15.pom
/usr/share/maven-repo/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.5.15/plexus-utils-1.5.15.jar

But it doesn't seem to like that version.

There doesn't seem to be any "nar" in Debian.

We can't build pl/java if any of the dependencies are missing in
Debian. :(

> Are there any gotchas about the OpenJDK version used? E.g. if I'm
> building the package with version 7, will it work at runtime with
> version 8? (Or the other way round?)

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/