Re: Speedup twophase transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jesper Pedersen
Subject Re: Speedup twophase transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/09/2016 10:29 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 9 January 2016 at 12:26, Stas Kelvich <s.kelvich@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>

>> I’ve updated patch and wrote description of thighs that happens
>> with 2PC state data in the beginning of the file. I think now this patch
>> is well documented,
>> but if somebody points me to places that probably requires more detailed
>> description I’m ready
>> to extend that.
>>

> Hmm, I was just preparing this for commit.
>
> Please have a look at my mild edits and extended comments.

I have done a run with the patch and it looks really great.

Attached is the TPS graph - with a 1pc run too - and the perf profile as
a flame graph (28C/56T w/ 256Gb mem, 2 x RAID10 SSD).

Maybe

+static void
+XlogReadTwoPhaseData(XLogRecPtr lsn, char **buf, int *len)

+static void
+ReadTwoPhaseDataFromXlog(XLogRecPtr lsn, char **buf, int *len)

Best regards,
  Jesper

Attachment