Re: PgJDBC: code reformat - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From danap
Subject Re: PgJDBC: code reformat
Date
Re: PgJDBC: code reformat  (Kevin Wooten <kdubb@me.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
Kevin Wooten wrote:
> I have no dog in this fight… but a helpful hint WRT IDEs is to make a format in Eclipse,
 > export the XML, and check it into the project.  Netbeans & IDEA can import
the Eclipse
 > format. Then you're not limited by whatever is included by the IDE.

As indicated you can create your formatting in Eclipse then export. I have done
this for years with my projects.

http://dandymadeproductions.com/temp/danap_formatting.xml

Code Reformat: :((

1. Wasted of time that could be used on other efforts. If you wish do define
    as Kevin indicated above a format then future changes one by one seems more
    reasonable.

2. ONCE a complete format at once takes place, forget trying to decipher the
    mess that will be created, on diffs. Seems like a good way to inject
    undesired code. Bad idea.

danap.