Re: PgJDBC: code reformat - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kevin Wooten
Subject Re: PgJDBC: code reformat
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

> 2. ONCE a complete format at once takes place, forget trying to decipher the
>   mess that will be created, on diffs. Seems like a good way to inject
>   undesired code. Bad idea.

I should stop with my opinions here… that being said…

One large nasty,  “Reformatted code and added checkstyle”, may be to swallow.  The alternative would be numerous small
changesalong with whole file reformats, e.g. “Fixed bug in generated SQL & formatted file to follow conventions”.

While large, the “whole reformat” method would be understandable.  Good luck finding the “bug fix” in a whole file
reformat.