Re: Include the dependent extension information in describe command. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Include the dependent extension information in describe command.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> writes:
> Currently we do not include the dependent extension information for
> index and materialized view in the describe command. I felt it would
> be useful to include this information as part of the describe command
> like:
> \d+ idx_depends
>                   Index "public.idx_depends"
>  Column |  Type   | Key? | Definition | Storage | Stats target
> --------+---------+------+------------+---------+--------------
>  a      | integer | yes  | a          | plain   |
> btree, for table "public.tbl_idx_depends"
> Depends:
>     "plpgsql"

> Attached a patch for the same. Thoughts?

This seems pretty much useless noise to me.  Can you point to
any previous requests for such a feature?  If we did do it,
why would we do it in such a narrow fashion (ie, only dependencies
of two specific kinds of objects on one other specific kind of
object)?  Why did you do it in this direction rather than
the other one, ie show dependencies when examining the extension?