Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amir Rohan
Subject Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/25/2015 09:29 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Amir Rohan <amir.rohan@mail.com
> <mailto:amir.rohan@mail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 08/14/2015 06:32 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:

>     > I am rather happy with the shape of this patch now, so feel free
>     to review it...
>     > Regards,
>
>     Michael, I've ran these and it worked fine for me.
>     See attached patch with a couple of minor fixes.
>

> Thanks! I still think that we could improve a bit more the way
> parametrization is done in postgresql.conf when a node is initialized by
> appending a list of parameters or have a set of hardcoded behaviors
> including a set of default parameters and their values... But well
> feedback is welcome regarding that. I also arrived at the conclusion
> that it would be better to place the new package file in src/test/perl
> instead of src/test/recovery to allow any users of the TAP tests to have
> it in their PERL5LIB path and to be able to call the new routines to
> create and manipulate nodes.
> --
> Michael

Having a subcommand in Greg's PEG (http://github.com/gregs1104/peg),
that allows you to create one of several "canned" clusters would be
convenient as well, for manual testing and folling around with features.

Amir