Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 5:57 PM, Amir Rohan <amir.rohan@mail.com> wrote:

> Having a subcommand in Greg's PEG (http://github.com/gregs1104/peg),
> that allows you to create one of several "canned" clusters would be
> convenient as well, for manual testing and folling around with features.

That's the kind of thing that each serious developer on this mailing
list already has in a rather different shape but with the same final
result: offer a way to set up a cluster ready for hacking in a single
command, and being able to switch among them easily. I am not sure we
would really find a cross-platform script generic enough to satisfy
all the needs of folks here and integrate it directly in the tree :)
--
Michael