Re: Less than ideal error reporting in pg_stat_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Less than ideal error reporting in pg_stat_statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/22/15 8:01 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> I'm doubtful that this had anything to do with MaxAllocSize. You'd
> certainly need a lot of bloat to be affected by that in any way. I
> wonder how high pg_stat_statements.max was set to on this system, and
> how long each query text was on average.

max was set to 10000. I don't know about average query text size, but
the command that was causing the error was a very large number of
individual INSERT ... VALUES statements all in one command.

The machine had plenty of free memory and no ulimit, so I don't see how
this could have been anything but MaxAllocSize, unless there's some
other failure mode in malloc I don't know about.