Re: Test code is worth the space - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Test code is worth the space
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/14/15 12:11 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:

>> I favor splitting the regression tests to add "all the time" and
>> "before commit" targets as you describe. I think that once the
>> facility is there, we can determine over time how expansive that
>> second category gets to be.
>
> I don't know how many folks work in a github fork of Postgres, but
> anyone that does could run slow checks on every single push via Travis-CI.

I setup a simple example of this with 64 variations of TAP tests, BLKSZ
and WAL blocksize. Unfortunately to make this work you have to commit a
.travis.yml file to your fork.

build: https://travis-ci.org/decibel/postgres/builds/75692344
.travis.yml: https://github.com/decibel/postgres/blob/master/.travis.yml

Looks like we might have some problems with BLKSZ != 8...