Re[2]: RFC: PostgreSQL and MySQL comparison. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexey Borzov
Subject Re[2]: RFC: PostgreSQL and MySQL comparison.
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings, Peter!

At 29.08.2001, 23:32, you wrote:
>>  But I do think that
>> the statements in
>> http://www.mysql.com/doc/M/y/MySQL-PostgreSQL_features.html
>> should NOT go unanswered.

PE> Okay, I answered them:

PE> http://webmail.postgresql.org/~petere/comparison.html

    Looks good, but it's not exactly what I've had in mind. You see it
    is too often considered that if someone has to justify oneself, he
    is automatically guilty. I want to write an article that would
    make MySQL's developers justify themselves...
    Besides, one has to read the MySQL's article *before* this just to
    understand what's this all about...

    BTW, can I use parts of your answers in my work?

    And, a question to SQL standard gurus: is it necessary for a DBMS
    to implement subqueries and views to be considered entry-level
    SQL92 compliant.
    Besides, is there any document which has all PostgreSQL's
    deviations from standard in one place?

--
Yours, Alexey V. Borzov, Webmaster of RDW.ru