Re: FW: segfault on psycopg2 on CentOS - Mailing list psycopg

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: FW: segfault on psycopg2 on CentOS
Date
List psycopg
On 03/11/2015 07:21 AM, Ed Davison wrote:
> On 03/11/2015 07:00 AM, Ed Davison wrote:
>>> I am using Python2.7.8 and have a segfault in trying to import psycopg2.
>>>
>>> This is to get Django working with PostgreSQL.
>>>
>>> I was able to get a backtrace with gdb and here is what it is showing.
>
>> Might also help to provide some context about what you where doing when the segfault happened.
>
>> Where are you importing psycopg2 into, or is this something Django is doing?
>
>> Doing what sort of operation, if any?
>
> When I load my project to do any work on it with Django I get a segfault.  When I run the Django manage.py as
"python2.7-vv manage.py" I get the following:

> # trying /opt/python2.7.8/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2/_psycopg.so
> dlopen("/opt/python2.7.8/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2/_psycopg.so", 2);
> Segmentation fault
>
> I have tested this with python2.7 to just simply load the psycopg2 library with the import statement and just loading
thelibrary causes a segfault as earlier stated in my backtrace.

To follow up on Danieles comment:

1) Are you running in a virtualenv?

2) Do you have more than one installation of Python?

3) More to the point what does python2.7 point to?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com