Re: FW: segfault on psycopg2 on CentOS - Mailing list psycopg

From Ed Davison
Subject Re: FW: segfault on psycopg2 on CentOS
Date
List psycopg
On 03/11/2015 07:21 AM, Ed Davison wrote:
> On 03/11/2015 07:00 AM, Ed Davison wrote:
>>> I am using Python2.7.8 and have a segfault in trying to import psycopg2.
>>>
>>> This is to get Django working with PostgreSQL.
>>>
>>> I was able to get a backtrace with gdb and here is what it is showing.
>
>> Might also help to provide some context about what you where doing when the segfault happened.
>
>> Where are you importing psycopg2 into, or is this something Django is doing?
>
>> Doing what sort of operation, if any?
>
> When I load my project to do any work on it with Django I get a segfault.  When I run the Django manage.py as
"python2.7-vv manage.py" I get the following:

> # trying
> /opt/python2.7.8/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2/_psycopg.so
> dlopen("/opt/python2.7.8/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2/_psycopg
> .so", 2); Segmentation fault
>
> I have tested this with python2.7 to just simply load the psycopg2 library with the import statement and just loading
thelibrary causes a segfault as earlier stated in my backtrace.

To follow up on Danieles comment:

1) Are you running in a virtualenv?
No, I am not.

2) Do you have more than one installation of Python?
Yes, I have python 2.7.8 and python 2.4.3.  Running on CentOS 5.9 there is no package for upgrading the main and only
versionto anything newer.

3) More to the point what does python2.7 point to?
# ls -al /usr/bin/python2.7
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 Nov 10 15:55 /usr/bin/python2.7 -> /opt/python2.7.8/bin/python2.7