FW: segfault on psycopg2 on CentOS - Mailing list psycopg

From Ed Davison
Subject FW: segfault on psycopg2 on CentOS
Date
List psycopg
On 03/11/2015 07:00 AM, Ed Davison wrote:
>> I am using Python2.7.8 and have a segfault in trying to import psycopg2.
>>
>> This is to get Django working with PostgreSQL.
>>
>> I was able to get a backtrace with gdb and here is what it is showing.

>Might also help to provide some context about what you where doing when the segfault happened.

>Where are you importing psycopg2 into, or is this something Django is doing?

>Doing what sort of operation, if any?

When I load my project to do any work on it with Django I get a segfault.  When I run the Django manage.py as
"python2.7-vv manage.py" I get the following:

# trying /opt/python2.7.8/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2/_psycopg.so
dlopen("/opt/python2.7.8/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2/_psycopg.so", 2);
Segmentation fault

I have tested this with python2.7 to just simply load the psycopg2 library with the import statement and just loading
thelibrary causes a segfault as earlier stated in my backtrace.

Ed