Re: contrib/fuzzystrmatch/dmetaphone.c license - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: contrib/fuzzystrmatch/dmetaphone.c license
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/25/2015 06:59 PM, Joe Conway wrote:
> I doubt we want to rip it out without some suitable replacement -- do we?

No, probably not. I think there are a few options:

0. Find out that the current situation is OK, and the Artistic license
is not a problem the way the code is used.

1. Ask Maurice Aubrey and the other upstream authors if they would like
to re-license it under the PostgreSQL license (or another compatible
license or public domain)

2. Rip it out.

3. Rewrite it in a cleanroom fashion.

- Heikki