Re: collations in shared catalogs? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: collations in shared catalogs?
Date
Re: collations in shared catalogs?  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: collations in shared catalogs?  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> So while helping someone with an unrelated issue, I did a quick query to
> look for collation-dependent indexes, and was rather shocked to find
> that not only are there two such in the system catalogs, both set to
> "default" collation, but that one of them is in a _shared_ catalog
> (pg_shseclabel).

> How did that happen? And how could it possibly work?

It probably doesn't, and the reason nobody has noticed is that the
security label stuff has fewer users than I have fingers (and those
people aren't using provider names that would cause anything interesting
to happen).

The most obvious fix is to change "provider" to a NAME column.

What was the other case?  We might want to add a regression test to
check for collation-dependent system indexes ...