Re: collations in shared catalogs? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: collations in shared catalogs?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> So while helping someone with an unrelated issue, I did a quick>> query to look for collation-dependent indexes, and
wasrather>> shocked to find that not only are there two such in the system>> catalogs, both set to "default" collation,
butthat one of them is>> in a _shared_ catalog (pg_shseclabel).

>> How did that happen? And how could it possibly work?
Tom> It probably doesn't, and the reason nobody has noticed is that theTom> security label stuff has fewer users than I
havefingers (andTom> those people aren't using provider names that would cause anythingTom> interesting to happen).

Or possibly not mixing locales between databases.
Tom> The most obvious fix is to change "provider" to a NAME column.
Tom> What was the other case?  We might want to add a regression testTom> to check for collation-dependent system

pg_seclabel (also "provider").

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)