Fix autoconf deprecation warnings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Fix autoconf deprecation warnings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

When working with the autoconf rule for detecting __int128 I noticed we
get a lot of warnings like the below in the autconf trace output so I
decided to clean them up. All the macros we get complaints about seems
to have been made obsolete between 2000 and 2003, and since we have a
generated configure in the repository I personally think it is
reasonable to drop support for such ancient versions of autoconf.

m4trace:configure.in:376: -1- _m4_warn([obsolete], [The macro
`AC_TRY_COMPILE' is obsolete.

The patch is split into four parts since there are several different
obsolete macros (AC_TRY_*, AC_LANG_SAVE/AC_LANG_RESTORE,
AC_DECL_SYS_SIGLIST) which I replace. Feel free to squash the patches
into one if you wish.

The second patch in the series removes a handful of empty main functions
from configure. As far as I can tell these cannot have any use, and with
the use of the AC_LANG_* macros they were easy to remove.

--
Andreas Karlsson

Attachment