Re: Simplify sleeping while reading/writing from client - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Simplify sleeping while reading/writing from client
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/06/2015 11:50 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2015-02-05 16:45:50 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> I propose the attached, which pulls all the wait-retry logic up to
>> secure_read() and secure_write(). This makes the code a lot more
>> understandable.
>
> Generally a good idea. Especially if we get more ssl implementations.
>
> But I think it'll make the already broken renegotiation handling even
> worse. Because now we're always entering do_handshake in nonblocking
> mode (essentially).

Good point. In the other thread, we concluded that the
SSL_do_handshake() call isn't really needed anyway, so attached are two
patches: 1. remove the SSL_do_handshake() calls, and 2. the previous
patch, to simplify the waiting logic.

- Heikki

Attachment