Re: Simplify sleeping while reading/writing from client - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Simplify sleeping while reading/writing from client
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-02-05 16:45:50 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Looking again at the code after Andres' interrupt-handling patch series, I
> got confused by the fact that there are several wait-retry loops in
> different layers, and reading and writing works slightly differently.

They don't really work all that differently?

> I propose the attached, which pulls all the wait-retry logic up to
> secure_read() and secure_write(). This makes the code a lot more
> understandable.

Generally a good idea. Especially if we get more ssl implementations.

But I think it'll make the already broken renegotiation handling even
worse. Because now we're always entering do_handshake in nonblocking
mode (essentially).

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services