Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
Re: Commitfest problems  (David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com>)
Re: Commitfest problems  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/15/2014 07:34 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2014-12-15 16:14:30 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Read the thread on this list where I suggested crediting reviewers in
>> the release notes.
>
> Man. You're equating stuff that's not the same. You didn't get your way
> (and I'm tentatively on your side onthat one) and take that to imply
> that we don't want more reviewers.

During that thread a couple people said that novice reviewers added no
value to the review process, and nobody argued with them then.  I've
also been told this to my face at pgCon, and when I've tried organizing
patch review events.  I got the message, which is why I stopped trying
to get new reviewers.

And frankly: if we're opposed to giving credit to patch reviewers, we're
opposed to having them.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.