Re: WAL format and API changes (9.5) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: WAL format and API changes (9.5)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Here is an updated version of the patch. It's rebased over current
> master, and fixes a bunch of issues you and Michael pointed out, and a
> ton of other cleanup.

That patch had two extra, unrelated patches applied to it. One to use
the Intel CRC instruction for the CRC calculation, and another to speed
up PageRepairFragmentation, by replacing the pq_qsort() call with a
custom sort algorithm. Sorry about that. (the latter is something that
showed up very high in a perf profile of replaying the WAL generated by
pgbench - I'll start a new thread about that)

Here is the same patch without those extra things mixed in.

- Heikki

Attachment