Re: Are there any downsides to using postgres' data directory on a dedicated drive/partition / filesystem? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Are there any downsides to using postgres' data directory on a dedicated drive/partition / filesystem?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/13/2014 11:44 AM, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> I'm running postgres on a virtual server
>
> I was wondering if there were any known issues with moving the data directory to another mounted partition /
filesystem.

I do that all the time.    I avoid using nfs/smb type shares for data
directories, but any SAN or direct attach file system is fine.   I'll
either mount the dedicated data partition as /var/lib/pgsql/9.3/data,
or I'll update the startup configuration to force the data dir to be in
another path, like /u01/pgsql/9.3/data