Re: Are there any downsides to using postgres' data directory on a dedicated drive/partition / filesystem? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David G Johnston
Subject Re: Are there any downsides to using postgres' data directory on a dedicated drive/partition / filesystem?
Date
List pgsql-general
Jonathan Vanasco-7 wrote
> I'm running postgres on a virtual server
>
> I was wondering if there were any known issues with moving the data
> directory to another mounted partition / filesystem.

Define "moving"

Also, it is recommended to separate system logs, WAL, and data onto separate
drives where possible.  Are you wanting to just move data or all of these
things?

David J.