Re: Are there any downsides to using postgres' data directory on a dedicated drive/partition / filesystem? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: Are there any downsides to using postgres' data directory on a dedicated drive/partition / filesystem?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:44:22 -0500
Jonathan Vanasco <postgres@2xlp.com> wrote:

> I'm running postgres on a virtual server
>
> I was wondering if there were any known issues with moving the data directory to another mounted partition /
filesystem.

At my previous job the company standard was that databases went under
/var/db, so all our PostgreSQL servers used /var/db/postgres
/var/db was also usually a dedicated mount point connected to a fast
RAID-10 drive array.

Never had any trouble with it.

--
Bill Moran