Re: row_to_json bug with index only scans: empty keys! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: row_to_json bug with index only scans: empty keys!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/07/2014 04:59 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 11/07/2014 10:51 AM, Ross Reedstrom wrote:
>>> row_to_json() yields empty strings for json keys if the data is
>>> fulfilled by an index only scan.
>> Could this be a bug in lookup_rowtype_tupdesc()?
> I think this is probably a variant of bug #11210, in which the problem is
> that tupledescs bubbled up from inheritance children never get column
> names assigned to them.  I've been speculating about ways to fix that
> but I've not thought of anything that's not kinda painful.

Yeah, I've been running this down a bit with a debugger, and it looked
kinda like that. Maybe we should look for this in places we know it
matters (e.g. hstore_from_record() and composite_to_json() and raise an
error if we find empty names, with a hint to do (what?).

cheers

andrew