Re: row_to_json bug with index only scans: empty keys! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: row_to_json bug with index only scans: empty keys!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 11/07/2014 10:51 AM, Ross Reedstrom wrote:
>> row_to_json() yields empty strings for json keys if the data is
>> fulfilled by an index only scan.

> Could this be a bug in lookup_rowtype_tupdesc()?

I think this is probably a variant of bug #11210, in which the problem is
that tupledescs bubbled up from inheritance children never get column
names assigned to them.  I've been speculating about ways to fix that
but I've not thought of anything that's not kinda painful.