Re: RHEL5 postgresql94-contrib is broken, unsatisfied dependency on uuid-ossp - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: RHEL5 postgresql94-contrib is broken, unsatisfied dependency on uuid-ossp
Date
Re: RHEL5 postgresql94-contrib is broken, unsatisfied dependency on uuid-ossp  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
List pgsql-pkg-yum
On 08/29/2014 07:40 PM, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
> Do you have time to submit a patch to current spec files? Otherwise, I
> can give a shot next week.

Done.

I've prepped a patch incorporating some of the changes from the unified
spec, sticking to bug fixes and an update to beta2, per the changelogs.

To reduce the chance of mistakes in repetitive editing of each spec,
where possible I made the changes to one spec then patched the others to
match. Doesn't it drive you a bit nuts having to make the same change
five times?

The diffstat for each spec is slightly different - comments in EL-5
explaining why libe2fs-devel is used; addition of perl MODULE_COMPAT in
EL-5 and EL-6 where it was missing, etc.

I've test-built each spec, but haven't installed and manually tested
them each out, and my Vagrant test harness code isn't ready for stock
PGDG RPMs yet. I assume you already have test scripts that will be
suitable anyway.

pg_upgrade support is still broken, per
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/53DBA105.3080004@2ndquadrant.com

I also have no way to fix the java dependency bug as it's caused by
build-time problems.

Patch prepared from git-svn. I've pushed it to my working branch in case
you want to inspect it more easily too. (About that git migration...)

These packages now build without errors under mock. The stock mock
configurations shipped with Fedora 20 for RHEL/CentOS have EPEL enabled,
which seems like what you'd want, but no EPEL packages will actually get
pulled in for these builds anyway.

yum install mock spectool rpmdevtools yum-utils

cd 9.4/postgresql
(cd EL-5 && spectool --gf postgresql-9.4.spec)
for d in EL-6 EL-7 F-19 F-20; do
    cp EL-5/postgresql-9.4-A4.pdf d/
    cp EL-5/postgresql-9.4beta2.tar.bz2 d/
done

then create build.sh:

#!/bin/bash
target=$1
distdir=$2
mock -r $target \
  --buildsrpm \
  --spec $distdir/postgresql-9.4.spec --source $distdir/
cp /var/lib/mock/$target/result/*.src.rpm $distdir/
export RPM_BUILD_NCPUS=4
mock -r $target \
   --rebuild $distdir/*.src.rpm
cp /var/lib/mock/$target/result/*.rpm $distdir/

then:

bash build.sh epel-5-i386 EL-5
bash build.sh fedora-20-x86_64 F-20

... and so on. No more need for individual build boxes.

(I haven't attached the much more complete build-and-sign-and-upload
script I use because it's currently tied up in some BDR specifics,
assumes that there's only one spec file for all target distros, and it
requires a patched mock (albeit trivially patched). Anyway, it'd be
better to go straight to using Koji).

Attachment