Re: RHEL5 postgresql94-contrib is broken, unsatisfied dependency on uuid-ossp - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: RHEL5 postgresql94-contrib is broken, unsatisfied dependency on uuid-ossp
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Mon, 2014-09-01 at 14:52 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

> I've prepped a patch incorporating some of the changes from the
> unified spec, sticking to bug fixes and an update to beta2, per the
> changelogs.

The patch did not apply to my copy, since it seems you did not have the
latest version. Anyway, I applied only some parts of the patch:

* changing buildrequires for uuid support.
* removal of /var/log/pgsql
* removing provides for libpq.so

I did not apply:

* I am not in favor of removing uuid conditional. Some people may be
using it.

* I did not apply the _isa related part. Packages like OpenOffice.org
requires "postgresql-libs" for example, and that is all. If we provide
the full version, we may break them (at least this is what I noticed a
year or two ago)

All changes are in [720] .

> To reduce the chance of mistakes in repetitive editing of each spec,
> where possible I made the changes to one spec then patched the others
> to match. Doesn't it drive you a bit nuts having to make the same
> change five times?

Well, I think I am used to it. :-)

> The diffstat for each spec is slightly different - comments in EL-5
> explaining why libe2fs-devel is used; addition of perl MODULE_COMPAT
> in EL-5 and EL-6 where it was missing, etc.

FWIW, I have committed perl MODULE_COMPAT changes last week or so.

> pg_upgrade support is still broken, per
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/53DBA105.3080004@2ndquadrant.com

I'm at London this week, that is why some of your email are still
pending for review.

> I also have no way to fix the java dependency bug as it's caused by
> build-time problems.

I'll look at it later.

Thanks for the patch!

Cheers,