Re: How is the repo tree maintained? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: How is the repo tree maintained?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
On 09/03/2014 03:28 PM, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
>> > I'm wondering because I keep on finding RPMs in the wrong version's
>> > tree, or odd mixtures where some RPMs are present for one arch and not
>> > another, etc.
> That would surprise me. Example, please?

The specific case I was thinking of turned out to be where the i386 repo
for rhel5 contained postgresql91-9.1.13 and postgresql91-9.1.14, but the
x86_64 repo contained postgresql91-9.1.13 only.

Presumably that was a case where only one arch got built.

Another case is this:

http://yum.postgresql.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-16-x86_64/

where postgresql91-jdbc-9.1.901-1.f16.noarch.rpm has snuck into the 9.0
tree. It's reasonable to argue that the latest PgJDBC should be
packaged, irrespective of the PostgreSQL version, so this might be on
purpose. It's surprising, though.

It's quite possible I'm imagining things / misremembering, as I can't
find the other cases I thought I remembered.