Re: php password authentication failed for user ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: php password authentication failed for user ...
Date
List pgsql-general
On 07/09/2014 04:04 AM, basti wrote:
> Hello my pg_hab.conf has this entry:
>
> host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5

Is that the only entry?

If not remember first matching entry wins, so is there another line
above this?

> When I try to use PHP to connect to the Database I get
>
> "postgres password authentication failed for user ..."

Is the password correct?

> The PHP-code looks like
>

> global $dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass, $dbname, $use_pgsql, $dbconn;
>
> if ($use_pgsql)
> {
>          $connect = "host=$dbhost user=$dbuser password=$dbpass
> dbname=$dbname";
>         echo $connect;
>          if (!($dbconn = pg_connect($connect)))
>          {
>                  open_page();
>                  ErrSQL("Unable to connect to database.");
>          }
>
> When I try to connect via
> psql -U user  -h localhost -W database
> I can connect without error.
>
> I also use SSL connections, is this the problem? or in other words is
> there a way to connect php via (postgres) ssl?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

host

     This record matches connection attempts made using TCP/IP. host
records match either SSL or non-SSL connection attempts.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com