Re: Insert query hangs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Insert query hangs
Date
List pgsql-general
On 07/09/2014 03:34 AM, M Tarkeshwar Rao wrote:

Please do not top post.

> Actually problem is in customer site in their production environment.
> They have their database MDB. In that db they have insert issue with one table.
>
> They shared the data folder with us.

So you are just copying a directory from one machine to another?

Was the production machine running while they copied the directory?

> We past the same data folder in our local DB which has the same name MDB and reproduced the issue.

So you then put the copied folder into an existing data directory on
your machine?

Are the production machine and your machine the same OS and
architecture(32/64 bit)?

Are the Postgres versions the same?

> After reproducing the issue we run pg_dump(with data) on corrupted table and restore it on another local db.
> After restoring in another db we tested the insert operation and found it is working fine.

So what happens if you do a pg_dump directly from the production machine
or is that what you are talking about above?