Re: Simple Web-based alternative to PgAdmin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Simple Web-based alternative to PgAdmin
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/11/2014 08:17 AM, AlexK wrote:
> I would like to give my users the ability to invoke read-only functions and
> select statements, so that they can easily see the data. Both me and the
> users have experience mostly with SQL Server, so anyone can keep like 30
> connections without much thinking.

Trying to think why one person would need 30 connections to do simple
queries instead of running them through one connection?

> Since too many open connections seems to be a serious problem on PostgreSql,
> maybe giving everyone PgAdmin is asking for trouble. Instead, I would like
> to expose the data via some simple Web-based interface, managing the
> connections myself.

So have you seen a problem?

Also if you have, would it not be easier just to put a connection pooler
in front of the database? Say pgBouncer or pgpool, then you would be
covered for all methods of access.