Re: Postgresql for cygwin - 3rd - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Postgresql for cygwin - 3rd
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/01/2014 05:46 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 02/01/2014 05:12 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>>> is it possible the tsearch test never worked on en_US.utf8
>>> but only on C locale ?
>> Yes, that's more or less what I said, I thought.
>> Maybe we need to test this on other Windows systems in non-C encodings.
>> Let's make sure it's only a Cygwin problem.
>> I'll work on that. You should try to concentrate on the thinks like
>> prepared_xacts and isolation_test that we know don't work ONLY on Cygwin.
> Please test the patch I just posted in the pgsql-bugs thread.  It looks
> to me like there are bugs in both the C and non-C locale cases, but only
> the latter case would be exercised by our regression tests, since we
> don't use any non-ASCII characters in the tests.

This is commit 082c0dfa140b5799bc7eb574d68610dcfaa619ba and friends, right?

If so, it appears to have done the trick. brolga is now happy running
tsearch with en_US.utf8:

<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=brolga&dt=2014-02-03%2011%3A26%3A10&stg=install-check-en_US.utf8>

Cool.

cheers